My photo
I say what I want to say. Got any problems with that?

Monday, November 1, 2010

Why I heart my friends..


Why do I love my friends so much? Honestly, I also don't quite know. They're the kind of friends whom you can't talk anything serious if we're all together 'cause we'll end up laughing about nonsense unrelated things. That's one reason why I love them. I forget all my problems and even laugh at them 'cause I'll realize how funny my problems are. We haven't been together (the five of us complete) for a very loooong time. The last time we went out complete was way back in May before our high school graduation. After 5 long months, we met each other again! And isn't that day f-u-n? Super fun! Define: FUN.

Just a brief history of our friendship, I, Coleen, Chin, Jonah and Vivien are all in the same class when we were Freshies. But we all have our own lives then except for Coleen, Chin and Vivien who look like they came from the same school because they are instant friends when we all had different elementary schools. When we were in our second year in high school, we had a trip in Corregidor and that's when our group/barkada was formed. So our high school days passed and we still have this friendship (plus some drama, haha. Guess why).We call ourselves the Wild Card (Gang). Why? 'Cause we did some smuggling on our last date on May. Well, we treated ourselves for some drinks and pasta in Cafe Antonio (a.k.a CAnton, LB where some of the Ruralites are fond of hanging out). We decided to keep our straws for remembrance but Jonah doesn't have a drink. So she along with my very dear Martian friend Coleen pretended to arrange the Uno Cards from this cafe but they are secretly getting the Wild Cards from the deck. They took five Wild Cards so that each of us has one. Thus, the name Wild Card (Gang).

Going back, we agreed to meet each other inside Baker Hall, UPLB where the freshmen cheerers (who really are VERY good dancers..NOT! haha) are practicing. When I arrived, only two of my Wild Card friends are already there, Chin and Vivien. I hugged both of them as soon as I saw them and then we continued to watch the on going practice until Little Miss Grown-up Coleen arrived. We were very entertained and awed by the Freshmen's dancing skills. Seriously. Hahaha! Just kidding. Some of them are really pretty and great dancers but all of them put together won't make it to the second place (certainly not like us when we were Freshies). Enough said about them. Let's just see what will happen when the competition comes. >:)

12 noon and we're out of Baker Hall but still, Jonah hadn't arrived yet. She's as on time as she always is. When I called her, we found out that she's still visiting her boyfriend. Nice. Haha. So we just told her to go to Pizza Hut and we'll meet her there. Vivien turned seventeen last October 6 but we did not have the time to celebrate it together and she hadn't treated us yet 'cause we were miles apart (Jonah, Vivien and I are studying in Diliman while Chin and Coleen are in LB) and it's on a school day. Because Vivien is super kind and sweet, she paid for the pizza. Yey! Chin ordered an extra pasta and we added combo platters which include fries, garlic bread and chicken. We were really stuffed by what we ate. Then came the free birthday cupcake from Pizza Hut because we lied that it was Vivien's birthday though it's already through.

After being piggish in Pizza Hut, we went to Coleen's dorm and cooled ourselves with the aircon. It's incredibly hot outside so we decided to stay there for a while. We talked about our college lives and all the things that we missed out on each other. Coleen even showed us this cute little flower which dances and sings 'Build Me Up Buttercup'. It's so cute! Coleen kind of imitated it too and we (especially Chin) burst out laughing with the sight of Coleen. After what seemed like an eternity of talking and laughing about things which aren't really funny if not for our craziness, we went out again to go back to the cheering practices now being held in front of the DL Umali Hall (still inside UPLB).

We rode a jeepney back inside because they were complaining that it's really hot. I would not like to walk alone so I just agreed. There's this thing that happened when we were in the jeepney that really took our breath away..laughing. When Vivien was going up to go inside the jeepney, she stumbled and fell on her knees. Instead of standing up and walking right, she walked while kneeling to go to her seat. Haha! I know I suck in narrating but if you were there you would just die while laughing because of Vivien. (Hahahaha. I love you Vabes!)

We got to DL Umali Hall and said our hellos to our other batchmates. We also watched our dear little freshies dance and do their best (oh really?). I left early because my boyfriend and I kind of dated and walked around the campus. So there, that's our little adventure-slash-get-together-slash-reunion.

I am so happy that we had the chance to see each other again. I really missed my girls and I miss them badly already. I wish happy days would not end. Who wants those days to end anyway? I also long for another happy adventure with the Wild Card. See you guys on Christmas break! I love you all!

Why I heart my friends? I just ♥ them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment