My photo
I say what I want to say. Got any problems with that?

Friday, November 26, 2010

Seventeen

I'll be turning seventeen on Tuesday, November 30. And for all those seventeen years, there's this one person who has always been there to support and guide me. I can't say that I've been good to her all the time. In fact, I often give her headaches. But still, she never left my side and even watched my every step as I become the person I am now. I know you're guessing who I'm talking about by now. Yes you're right, she is my mom.


She is the best mom for me (as your mom is for you, I know). She may not be my ideal mother but who gets their ideal people in their lives anyway? So no matter how many good mothers are out there who I think are closer to the ideal, I would still choose my mom over them. 'Cause she's the best!

But me? I never appreciated all the things she does. Not until now. Not until I saw how good a mother she is and how much she is willing to sacrifice for me, for us, her children. Just like any mother I know, she does her best to provide us with all we need, with all she has. With my dad (who is a really great father too), my mom establishes not only a house but a home. What makes what they do special is that they are doing it for us. For our family.

With that, my mom becomes more special because..

She may sometimes look like she does not hear a thing I say, but I know she is listening to every word I utter. She may be looking somewhere else when I need her to look at me, but I know she sees every thing and every move I make. She may seem like she's thinking about everything else when I want her to think about me, but I know I can find myself in her heart even if her mind's occupied.

And with my seventeenth birthday coming up (goodbye sweet sixteen!), I want to share this special day with her and of course, my family, friends and all the people who have been there all those years. I want to celebrate my life with the person who gave me this life in the first place.

So, I want to thank you mom for giving me this life. Thank you for carrying me in your tummy for nine months. Thank you for breastfeeding me when I was a baby. Thank you for being there when I smiled my first smile. Thank you for guiding me when I made my first step. Thank you for hearing the first word I said. Thank you for being patient when I had my tantrums. Thank you for disciplining me when I did something wrong. Thank you for being there in my first day of school. Thank you for supporting me in every decision I make. Thank you for molding me to become me. Thank you for still being there no matter how hard-headed I am. Thank you for not leaving me even if I become stupid sometimes. Thank you for this day (November 26) for surprising me with a very pleasant surprise. Thank you for giving me everything that I need and want.

And lastly, thank you for loving me just the way I am. (When I see your face..Haha, just kidding.) I love you so much mom! And to my dad, I love you too Pa! Thank you God for giving me such wonderful people as my parents.

I love everyone who loves me. Happy birthday to me! :)




2 comments:

  1. this is nice, no... this is great! i'm proud of you, anak! Advance Happy 17the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete