My photo
I say what I want to say. Got any problems with that?

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

For the 7xi

Way back in high school during our Junior year, we thought we lost it all. We thought we went down under. We thought we were far from the top. We thought we were losers. Shit happens most of the time. And what's frustrating about it is that it happens during the time when you least expect it. But then, Senior year came and we really did our best and gave our all. Thank God, we became Champions. We fought, we won, we conquered, we soared. We were declared winners of the last Cheerdance Competition of our high school life and we became the Overall Champion of all the games played in our Intramurals. Yea, we had it all. We tasted victory. We felt the blood of the champions rushing through our veins. Our last year shone with the famous yellow light of victory.

But then, not all people our lucky if not deserving to experience what our batch had. Just today, the Cheerdance Competition of my alma mater, UP Rural High School was held. Seniors ('10-'11) came first and performed their weeks of hardwork and practices. (I was not able to watch them perform since I just came from Diliman for second sem registration.) Then came the Juniors who also gave their best in preparing and in the actual performance. Our dear little Freshies went next and I'm proud to say that they improved a lot and I know that they gave their all in that 7-minute dance. Last but certainly not the least came the Sophies who surprised everyone with their amazing performance. They were the last to perform but as a surprise, they came in first place for this year's competition. (Second to fourth place follows the order of the remaining batches.)

Seniors not declared as champions of the annual Cheerdance Competition happens only once in a blue moon. This year is one of those instances when the oldest member of the student body did not win. Another blue moon event is graduating without a champion title in this annually awaited competition. 7xi (as they call themselves) seems to experience both.

As a cheerer for four years, I know how much it hurts not to win. I know how much it sucks to be disappointed. We experienced it too, when we were Juniors. And I understand what the Seniors might be feeling right now. I understand the feeling of losing. Of maybe disappointing my batchmates who are expecting for us to excel, to win. Especially when they are now on their last year of high school. Seniors must win. This is the norm. And it sucks not to be able to follow even this short sentence. I know, I can feel it too.

When we turned Seniors, we did our very best just to get the crown. Coming from the bottom of the heap, we have to struggle. I know that this school year's Seniors also struggled in their own way just to prepare and to dance for their dear batchmates. What I'm really trying to say is, I still congratulate the Seniors for doing their best. The title does not matter, really. Yes it does, I know, but what is more important is that you enjoyed your last year of rehearsing with each other. This may have come as a shit in the face but you must look at this as a challenge to do better in sports and to show them what 7xi is really worth. I know that you believe in the power of your batch and as long as you stay together, you can do anything. Fight together, win together, lose together, we don't care as long as we stay together.

This blog may look corny or cheesy (or a little bit hypocritical since we were fighting against each other for the title last year) but this is sincere and comes from my heart. Yea, some people may look down on you but who fucking cares? Just still do your best and give your all ( which I know you will do) and by the end of the day, you will be happy and contented with the outcome. Just keep on rocking and partying (like it's the end of the freakin' world), ok? 7xi will still be the best batch ever in the eyes of your batchmates.

Sincerely,
Elma. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment